Ribbons Firmware v1.3 Now Available

Hi all,

It looks like some folks have noticed and already updated, but I wanted to share here that firmware version 1.3 is now available. Check out the Ribbons Development Blog for a download link and change list.

If you haven’t updated your unit before it’s super easy. You’ll find step-by-step instructions here, and we also have a video guide that walks you through it.

All spring 2023 pre-order units come with this firmware installed, so this update applies to anyone with a Ribbons manufactured in 2022.

Major highlights include:

• New Crushed Cassette Touch Mode - provides sample rate reduction and bit crushing with μ-law companding.

• New Disintegration Loop Touch Mode - an experimental looper with controls for loop decay, speed, and direction. You can use this mode as a tape delay or a a >20 second looper. If Touch is engaged, each time your loop repeats it gets re-run through all of the tape effects.

• Tape saturation - you can now swap out the compression knob for saturation instead by sending MIDI CC 52, value >0. The change is global and persistent between power cycles unless you switch it back. If you make this update, press the push button and wait 10 seconds for Ribbons to save state.

• Synth updates - the polyphonic sine wave synth now includes controls for attack, release, and volume.

• Some UI improvements including stepped LED feedback for stepped parameters.

Additionally, all of our documentation has been updated to incorporate the latest features:

Any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

7 Likes

Update: HAHA… of course it started working seconds after I posted this. I ended up trying a million different cable combinations and it ended up working :raised_hands:t4:!

Total USER ERROR.
————————————————————-

Hey there! First off, I’m a huge fan of the ribbons pedal. A real piece of art work :clap:t4:

I wanted to jump on here and see if you could help me update the firmware to the latest 1.3.

I’ve tried the iPhone and iTunes update, but it seems to stay in a constant blinking mode of green and blue waiting to receive the update.

I also tried the suggestions of turning off all haptic feedback, reduce noise settings and it still seems to not want to receive it.

Any suggestions?

Again, thanks for such an awesome pedal and being so great with your communication on the forums!

Happy holiday!

• Oli
1 Like

All good @Oliverernest - glad you were able to troubleshoot it!