This is the space where I will post updates regarding the development of Ribbons. This will include: firmware updates and changes/bug fixes I’m working on.
Only admins (myself) can post on this topic. I will update the post below this one to share what I’m currently working on / what I’m aware of and then add new posts when firmware updates are available.
Future Updates Being Considered
When Ribbons is released, all of its core features will be implemented and it will do exactly what the manual says it will do. That said, I am still working towards a couple of additional features that are not currently implemented. Here is a list:
Potential To-Do’s / Feature Requests Being Considered:
- Final two touch modes:
- Sample rate reducer / bit reducer with mu-law companding (a la lo-fi telecom systems, vintage samplers, cassette tape noise reduction systems … )
- Disintegration loop. Looper with speed, direction, and volume control but it each loop gets run through the tape effects and will slowly disintegrate over time. Thinking that it will allow up to 60 seconds of loop time.
- Re-write Tape Stop from the ground up to give the user the ability to modify the tape stop effect’s attack and release while the effect is active.
- Allow filter resonance to be controlled via MIDI CC. This parameter should be stored / recalled using the presets.
- Track the last used looper page and jump back to it when switching between tape mode and looper mode