Ribbons 2024 Pre-Order Now Open

Hi everyone,

If you pre-ordered Sparks, you should have gotten a heads up about this yesterday.

Ribbons is back and available for pre-order in a brand new colorway. You can place an order through our webstore here.

We plan to start shipping in 8-12 weeks. We’re still working on fulfilling Sparks (this is our top priority right now) but we wanted to open orders so we can get things in motion for this next batch.

We won’t be posting about Ribbons on social media until sometime next week - hopefully that keeps things relatively quiet and allows forum users to get in if they want to. :slight_smile:

Some answers to common questions so far:

• No pink or green units this time around. It will just be the new grey for the foreseeable future.

• I think we may have said before that we’ll make “as many Ribbons as people want”, but we never have any idea how these things will go and we don’t want to have a backlog / waitlist. We feel comfortable taking up to ~500 orders for this batch, however long that takes. That’s a lot for our small team and we feel like it should more than satisfy current demand. If people still want them in the future we’ll keep making them.

• We offered a one-time 15% coupon code to anyone who pre-ordered Sparks. If you encounter issues trying to apply your coupon, make sure to enter your email address on the checkout page (same one used for Sparks) and then enter the coupon code up top. The workflow is kind of strange since it’s tied specifically to your email. If you received the discount code but checked out full price, just shoot us an email at support@kinotoneaudio.com and we’ll get it sorted.

Any questions, let us know. Thank you!

12 Likes

Pre-order placed. I’m so excited to finally get a Ribbons! The Jazz Solo cup green matches the lofi nostalgia vibe so perfectly, but the grey will match my pedalboard better. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Love this new colorway! Will this come shipped with the new firmware update that is planned? Any updates on the features/changes for that new firmware?

2 Likes

Yep! These units will ship with the 2.0 firmware. A list of everything I’m working on / considering is on the development blog. No big updates or changes for awhile but we’ll edit the list to reflect what will actually be included once we’re done shipping Sparks and I’ve had a little more time to investigate things.

2 Likes

I can’t believe my luck in the timing here. On Monday I freed up some money with the specific intention of buying a high quality, expensive effects pedal, and then you open for pre-orders a few days later. A Microcosm literally was in my shopping cart, but Ribbons was on the top of my wishlist :hugs:

4 Likes

Hi,

I’d really like to purchase Ribbons, but I am located in Slovakia and there is no option of shipping here. I’d like to ask if it would be possible for you to add shipping to my country.

Thank you

Hey @niktos0 - I believe you emailed us too. I’ve just added Slovakia as an option in our webstore so you should be good to checkout now if you want. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Pre-ordered! I didn’t quite pull the cash together for the first Ribbons run as it was a little above my price range, and didn’t expect to see it return. Since then I saw heaps of great value additions through firmware updates: I’m most keen for non-sine-wave flutter, disintegration loops and that musical sounding bitcrush mode, so this time around it was a way more decisive purchase. Thank you for improving the pedal for folks even after selling the first batch, awesome to see so much love put into this little device.

3 Likes

Hello , any news on the time line of ribbons shipping ?
regards
Frank

Hey @doctorjaz and welcome to the Kinotone forum.

Lots of moving pieces so it’s hard to be exact but it’s looking like we’ll start shipping in about 4-6 weeks. Ribbons PCBs are being assembled next week and then we should have them in house to kick off final assembly and testing. I’m also working on a firmware update / some new features that will come installed on these units. We’ll share a more formal production update here on the forum soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes