Curious if more will be released

I wonder if it might be possible to get a rough estimate on the next Ribbons batch now that Spark is out. Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

Just trying to financially plan to make sure I don’t miss out, but it is causing me to miss out on some other things in the meantime and it would help if I had a rough idea of when we should generally expect to be ready to order.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Also interested in a ribbon. Is there a list I can signup to be notified once it will be available for preorder?

Hey all,

Just got the latest circuit board revision of Ribbons in the mail today. Woohoo! :partying_face:

We mentioned this awhile back but I wanted to make some design changes that make it easier for our small team of 3 to keep making these.

I’m working to assemble a panel for testing and validation asap and as soon as that’s done we’ll kick off production and feel more comfortable opening orders. My best guess is that people should be able to order a Ribbons within the next 8-12 weeks. We just need to make a little more progress with Sparks production first.

If you have a forum account you’ll get an email when we share more info.

Thanks for your patience! :white_heart: :white_heart: :white_heart:

22 Likes

Great news! Can’t wait to order one!

Thank you so much! Communication helps us be patient, even if the timetables change. Really appreciate the kind response. That all seems very reasonable.

Amazing. Just signed up for the forum to come here and find info about more ribbons. Really hoping to be able to snag one on this production run :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

awesome!!! put me down for a pink one. OR will there be a new colorway? So glad you posted this info!!!

Hi all. Here’s a new pink one on Facebook Marketplace.

Ill wait to buy one direct from Kinotone

1 Like

Will be picking one up for sure

So excited to read this!

I had to put in some long days and nights to pull this off but I’m happy to share that the new Ribbons hardware has been verified and is working great. Everything is now on one circuit board which makes it much easier for our team to keep making these.

We’re 100% focused on Sparks at the moment but we plan to open orders in mid-July for the next batch of Ribbons. It will be available in a new colorway (TBA… it’s a good one!)

If you pre-order Sparks you’ll get first access and a 15% off code (~$60 discount).

We’re offering this discount because we really appreciate everyone who has supported Sparks, and we’d also like to help offset the cost of shipping for international users who want both.

After that, we’ll announce it on the forum, then social media last.

Any questions, let us know.

14 Likes

Awesome ! I will pre-order Sparks right now and I’m waiting for the forthcoming release of Ribbons to buy one as well. Thank You soooo much !!
Cheers

2 Likes

Wow @jaakjensen ! That’s a seriously impressive feat of engineering.
And also a very generous offer. Thank you.

1 Like

This is awesome news!

Seems like every day I have a thought along the lines of, “oh hell yeah I’ll totally be able to do that with Sparks” – and I’ve been having my trigger finger ready for Ribbons (dying to see this new colorway). Maybe I can relax it a bit now knowing you’re hooking up the Sparks Squad (sorry) with an early opp at Ribbons.

1 Like

That’s a lovely offer, many thanks, I will be keeping an eye out for the email!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks so much for the update!

1 Like

Going to preorder spark right now and love to be able to get a Ribbons when they are released again!

2 Likes

Hell yes! I suppose that orders placed many weeks ago (i.e. before this specific post) also count for the purpose if this offer, yessss? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like