Curious if more will be released

I too would be very interested in one of these. Have you thought about other color possibilities?

1 Like

I put Christmas on Hold this year till the next ribbons are available. Cause no Ribbon under my Christmas tree no Christmas at all.

2 Likes

Just created an account to say i would also want to buy a Ribbons.

2 Likes

Basically a blend between Generation Loss mkii and Mood mkii but more interesting and better…all this basically from one human! Jaak deserves all the encouragement and respect, I am in for the next batch of Ribbons but also very intrigued by the next creation. Also I’ve seen the specs of Ribbons, including graphs! Details that are unheard of in the pedal field, well done Jaak and Hannah, I wish you all the best and I hope you grow healthly without loosing the original plot and the fun.

3 Likes

I don’t think so. I did it for a bunch of the geranium tumnus sellers. A couple were furious when referred to as scalpers lol

I want to think of a clever way to mess with them. They really do piss me off.

Another person interested in Ribbons, hope to see more in the near future!

2 Likes

Another newcomer here, absolutely gagging for a Ribbons, no idea how I missed it a year ago! Need one in my life. Almost tempted to get one from Reverb but scalper prices are insane.

2 Likes

New here, I’m also very interested in getting a Ribbons. Seems to cover all the bases (& more) of what I’d like in one pedal of this kind!

2 Likes

I’d definitely be interested in a waitlist or pre-order, I need to get a Ribbons on my board. Have you guys considered contracting with a company like Malekko to do production? I know a couple of the dudes that run that place, I think they do subassembly production and pick and place surface mount too.

2 Likes

We have but I’m not sure we want to offload our production. We have an excellent local PCB manufacturer who we love working with and they can potentially absorb more production tasks this year, so that could be a big help and we’ll see how things go.

The main obstacle to making more Ribbons is a couple of design updates I want to make before doing another run. In its current state it’s a huge effort for us (or a contract manufacturer) to build Ribbons and we’ve identified some improvements that will make it easier to manufacture. These updates are in the queue but I won’t have time to finish them until we’ve released our next pedal.

(Also just FYI these updates to Ribbons won’t be perceivable to the user or affect the feature set - it’s not a V2 / MKII).

7 Likes

Hey I get it, I worked in electronics manufacturing for almost 20 years. You are making great products that seem super well thought out and it shows in how much folks want to get their hands on it.

5 Likes

Jaak this is what i am curious about i dont want to be to late on the new device. Any chance you could give hs a ballpark of when to maybe expect the next device by chance. I was literally like the 3rd or 4th last ribbon pedal you made and dont want that happening again. Thanks boss.

Sometime in the next couple months. Hard to be more specific. If you’re on the forum though you’ll hear about it first and should get an email notification as soon as we announce it. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for getting back to me jaak. Im excited to see what it is.

1 Like

Looking forward to the new release and hoping all goes smoothly for you guys.

2 Likes

Jaak - any thought at all in creating a Eurorack version? I think that would be awesome.

1 Like

Mark me down for Ribbons as well! The UI seems brilliant, as do the sounds!

1 Like

Mark me down for one, too! Signed up to write this out. :slight_smile: Dreaming of a Boss IR-2 mini ambient rig with Ribbons alone in the effects loop.

1 Like

+1 more here for Ribbons.