Sorry if this has already been asked.I’m trying to control my Ribbons using a Launch Control 3 with the new 1.2 firmware, which allows the encoders to be set to relative mode. However, this doesn’t seem to affect the Ribbons. I assume this is normal behavior; is there any plan to support this mode in the future?
Thanks for the request. We have a Launch Control 3 and are familiar with its relative mode, but relative MIDI CC control is still a bit of a “Wild West,” with several different formats used by manufacturers. The LC3’s approach isn’t the standardized increment/decrement mechanism defined in MIDI.
I don’t think we’ll add it, because supporting one format would inevitably bring requests for the others, and we’d need to implement, test, and maintain that support across all three pedals.
In general, people have preferred using something like an LC3 or Faderfox EC4 for immediate access to the settings, then using the pedals’ own relative knob system for relative adjustments.