[Resolved] Looper audio not bypassing the input signal after the loop was grabbed

Hey there, I try to figure out why I still hear the dry signal underneath the looper loop while the loop is playing. I thought that once the looper grabs the audio then only the loop sound should be heard and the signal that runs through should be bypassed?
The dry wet knob is fully wet and the volume of the loop is on full but i still hear the dry signal underneath the loop. Is it suppose to be this way or did i miss something in the settings? The audio settings are stereo in stereo out (first left light) and the bypass is on 3 (3rd right light)… Thank you for your patience :pray:t3:

Hi @zinoy - Ribbons’ looper does not do a dry kill. What you’re describing is how it’s supposed to work. It will mix in the looped sounds with your dry signal. The reason why is so you can play over / accompany yourself while loops are playing back.

The dry/wet mix knob is for the “tape effects”, aka page 1-4 settings. If loops are playing back and you are editing tape effects, the dry/wet knob also serves as a global volume control for the loops so that you can fade them in or out if you want.

It sounds like your Bypass option is set to “buffered bypass with trails” (option 3). So when you disengage the pedal your input signal will no longer be affected but the device still acts as a sound source, so you’ll still hear certain effects being generated, including any loops that are playing back.

If you want loop playback to stop when you press Bypass switch to Buffered Bypass (option 2). Check out this section of the manual for instructions.

Hope that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Got it. Thank you for the explanation!

1 Like

This doesn’t really contribute to the thread but it’s not worth its own either. I’ve finally taken the time to properly learn the short-keys for the asynchronous loopers. This thing is fucking amazing. It’s actually really quick once you spend a bit of time with it.

I’m sure you knew this, but there may be others reading who had also found it a bit clunky at first, switching back and forth to control FX, and not really got their heads around it. Creating a really basic chordal starting point, building layers on top, and then going back and adding a more interesting base layer can create some amazing patterns that I’d never come up with otherwise.

2 Likes

def takes time to get the head around the looper, which is great for tone loops but not so much for syncing drum loops…
It is the only pedal I played with in the past few months, along my mpc … i feel like i’m only scratching the surface.
I wish there were more tips and tricks yt videos, especially around the looper and syncing in general :pray:t3: