16n Faderbank & Midi

Hi,

I have a 16n Faderbank and the Midi Out on the 16n is a mini-jack TRS cable. Is it OK to connect the 16n directly to the Ribbons using a TRS mini-jack to 1/4" TRS jack cable without any adaptors and do I need to change the jumper settings in the Ribbons?

Thanks,

Gavin.

Should work just fine. Just set the TRS setting on the 16n to the Korg/Make Noise setting and it will be compatible with Ribbons right out of the box. No need to change the jumpers.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try

1 Like

I think I’m going to pick one of these up today from Thonk. Seems really similar to the Faderbank. Should also be directly compatible with Ribbons using TRS MIDI.

1 Like

I bought the Atov Project pre-assembled as my DIY skills are non-existant :grin:

I just connnected the 2 and they work perfectly together, it’s just a pity there are only 16 channels of CC at one time

1 Like

The iOS app Ribn (!!) is great for automating CC modulation. It runs up to 8 LFO with assignable CC’s. You just record the shape via touch screen. Defaults to looping, but can also act as single cycle multi stage envelopes. Meant to be :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to be explicit in my boneheadedness here, and then how would that iOS app communicate to Ribbons itself? What is needed to connect a phone/screen?

1 Like

Tbh I’m curious as well!

1 Like

I use the IO Connectivity Lightning to DIN-5 adapter. Then a standard DIN to mini TRS plus a 3.5mm to 1/4” adapter into the pedal. You can then config the app based on the Kinotone MIDI CC chart to have looping animations of up to 8 MIDI CC parameters, such as LP cutoff, Reverb mix and decay, Wow and Flutter depth, etc.
It’s like having 8 feet operating 8 Exp. pedals :slight_smile:

1 Like