MIDI control through USB interface?

Hi,
I just got Ribbons and gather from reading the user guide that the pedal cannot receive MIDI control messages through an audio interface connected to a computer via USB? My use case is an iPad and Zoom U-44 interface/mixer connected to the iPad’s USB-C port. The U-44 has DIN MIDI In/Out ports that could be connected to the Ribbons with a DIN MIDI-to-TRS cable. If this is supported, I plan to use the Cubasis app on iPad to send MIDI control messages. If this configuration is not supported, can you recommend a portable MIDI control box that would work? Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @RTS and welcome to the forum!

Ribbons can receive MIDI control messages through an audio interface connected to a computer via USB.

You should be able to connect the Zoom U-44 directly to the MIDI input on Ribbons using a DIN MIDI to TRS adapter. A type A adapter is preferable. Here is a link to a forum post where you can find verified cable solutions.

I connect my Ribbons directly to the MIDI out on my MOTU M4 interface and control it with Ableton Live using the first adapter solution recommended in that thread. It works great.

Feel free to follow up if you have any additional questions. :slightly_smiling_face: